The drill for the toughest materials
DIN 1897, HSS-Co Al-Cr, coated
For stationary machines, DIN 1897 type N extra-short, right-hand cutting, ground, aluminium-chromium coating, HSS-Co 5%
Field of Application:
Suitable for HARDOX® 450 (for HARDOX® 500 and 550 preliminary testing is required) and for very hard materials up to 1400 N/mm² such as e.g. excavator shovels, truck superstructures, snowploughs, agricultural machines, armour plating etc.
Prerequisites for drilling HARDOX®:
Short drill construction to minimise vibration; stability is key.
Do not use in hand-held drills!
Minimise distance between drill and workpiece and clamp workpiece firmly.
Reduce feed rate shortly before drilling through and ensure recommended feed rate and cutting speed are maintained.
135° turbo cutter with cross grinding
- Drilling with pin-point accuracy
- No centre punch required
- Fastest drilling progress
- Drilling on convex surfaces
Reinforced drill core
- Greater cutting forces and stability
- Longer service life
- Optimised breakage resistance with all diameters
- Elasticity according to the most recent findings
- Al Cr coating
- Increased surface hardness
- Prevents built-up edges
- Improves thermal stability